Twelve Years and Counting

Posted by Mama Sez | Thursday, March 24, 2011

Twelve Years and Counting

A poem I wrote for Papa Sez on our wedding anniversary:

Photo courtesy of Panos Ipeirotis




I am so lucky I found you,
You taught me things I never knew.
You make me laugh, you make me cry
You cheer me up, Oh yes you try.

We almost missed saying “I do,”
But angels whispered we are meant to…
Now, it’s been twelve years and counting
We are happy and rejoicing.

Have you noticed in the past twelve years?
Together we conquered all our fears.
‘Coz we believed there’s nothing we can’t do,
If you’re with me and I’m with you.

Twelve colorful years and counting,
Precious moments swiftly passing.
Sweet memories and lessons learned,
For every page of life we turned.

Our blessings we selflessly share
With whomever we meet along the way.
May he be bum or gem in street,
We all journey with the same two feet.

Twelve years of marriage, four kids in carriage,
With happy hearts we go on with the voyage.
Until the day we park our cart,
When death will tear our lives apart.






Follow parentsjourney on Twitter Bookmark and Share

0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Us (circa 2009)

Our journey led us to this place. A little more than 10 years ago we began our journey as husband and wife. Three years later, we found ourselves with two bundles of joy- a daughter and then a son. They're the children we've dreamed of having.

About five years since the birth of our son, an unexpected gift came- a younger brother to our school-age kids. And soon enough, a baby girl arrived to round the family membership.

Brave was a term used by a friend to describe us. Challenging... and loving it -- yeah, this journey is not for the faint of heart.