Proud Mom Messed Up Video Coverage

Posted by Mama Sez | Sunday, November 08, 2009

It was the school’s foundation day celebration before the semestral break. It was a chance for all students to present what they have been practicing for weeks. My son was part of the group that did the invocation through mime. Few days back, he repeatedly reminded me to be quiet and not to take pictures, for the flash will ruin the effects of their presentation. All lights were off except for the UV lights directed on them as their hands in white gloves form images and words, dramatizing the song “Find Us Faithful”. They were all in black with black mask so it was impossible to identify, locate or single out any one of them. I kept quiet as requested by my son…”it’s a prayer mom” and…. it was indeed very solemn.

When the scene was white birds flying, I felt so proud and whispered to my sister-in-law, “One of those is Leon”. When the word FAITH was formed, again I whispered, “He’s part of the letter I”. I took no pictures and kept quiet, except for the few whispers to my sister-in-law. But I guess the pounding of my heart was louder than the words I uttered. I was so proud of my son for I know he played his part very well and did his very best.

My daughter’s turn was towards the end of the program for their group did the dance evolution…the summary of all the presentations for the night. This time, I am allowed to take video and that was what I intended to do…but messed up. How?

I was making lots of remarks to my husband about how stunning and confident our daughter look on stage and about her cool yet elegant moves. I even responded to a friend behind me... teasingly asking from whom our daughter got her talent...and then, claiming that she got it all from me, of course! All those talks while I was recording the video…oops! It was already a good two minutes of video recording when I realized that aside from my eyes and hand, my mouth was at work as well.

My daughter loves to dance and she is good at it. She’s been to ballet, to jazz and modern dances but the recent performance was her first time to do hip-hop… more boyish moves for a change. Her every performance, no matter how big or small, gets me thrilled and I can’t help but admire her. She is indeed an improved version of me…an upgrade!



When we finally got home, I immediately uploaded the video and as expected, my remarks were clearly recorded. I cannot even directly post it to my Facebook account for I know my friends would tease me no end. Anyway, some minor editing will do, video segments will be lost but lessons were learned. I felt so sorry to mess up, please forgive me...I am just a proud Mama.

In the posted video, I was not able to delete all of the segments with my voice because I don’t want you to miss the nice moves in those portions. Consequently, you can still hear some of my remarks and cannot-be-contained happiness. My apologies.

Bookmark and Share


6 comments
  1. elsa November 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

    ang swerte talaga ng mga bata ate phine at kayo naging parents nila.perfect mom ka talaga ate phine, idol talaga kita sa pagiging nanay mo.

  2. fabgirl November 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

    hi te you didnt post the whole dance video? this is nice kc u can hear the proud mom! :-) si rica pinakamagaling sa dance number na yan..litaw ang kagalingan niya...

  3. Mama Sez November 8, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

    Hi Els, thank you. I know you can relate to this experience because you too have talented kids and at times you really can't contain the happiness.

  4. Mama Sez November 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

    Hi Aj, even if I'm courageous enough to post the whole thing, the size limit of the video we can post is small lang pala. Some of the pictures in the slide show are from your camera. Thanks a lot.

  5. fabgirl November 9, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

    you welcome ate phen anytime..really nice pics you have there, enjoyed looking at the slideshow:)

  6. drew November 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM  

    One way of showing you love your kids so much, A very proud mother, your kids are so blees and lucky

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Us (circa 2009)

Our journey led us to this place. A little more than 10 years ago we began our journey as husband and wife. Three years later, we found ourselves with two bundles of joy- a daughter and then a son. They're the children we've dreamed of having.

About five years since the birth of our son, an unexpected gift came- a younger brother to our school-age kids. And soon enough, a baby girl arrived to round the family membership.

Brave was a term used by a friend to describe us. Challenging... and loving it -- yeah, this journey is not for the faint of heart.