We're Thirteen, My Josephine

Posted by Papa Sez | Sunday, March 25, 2012




Today, on our thirteenth wedding anniversary
I just wanted to express my feelings deep inside 
But which words to use, I find difficult to decide 


I could have written about our fave number thirteen 
That we consider lucky for us and our children
In their names the number and our history written


I could have written about blessings that came our way 
Foremost are our children and the people we care for 
Earthly resources and otherwise, we have much more 

I could have written about our wealth of experience 
Our projects and adventures, successes and failures 
Collected with passion to be where we wanna be 

I could have written about our vision of success 
Many moments in our journey we chose happiness 
Ov’r a life of meaningless races and pettiness 

I could have written about how wonderful you are 
Beauty that is not only a sight to behold 
But also evident to all ‘cause your heart is gold 


I could’ve written about your remarkable talents 
The answer to “why is Rica such a great dancer?” 
You’re artistic, learn quick, adroit and a go-getter 

I could’ve written about my luck that you're in my life 
And the years we were friends, before you became my wife 
And from thereon meaning, feeling, passion had been rife 

I could have written about how great you make me feel 
That I can do anything, be what I wanna be 
That despite of and because of, you’ll be there for me 

10 
I could have written about thirteen years together 
Starting with our first one and every year thereafter 
But that would’ve taken volumes to write, years to finish 

11 
I could’ve written thirteen reasons I’d marry you ‘gain 
Though one is enough, the most important one at that 
Because we love and have each other no matter what 

12 
I could have written thirteen stanzas to make a point 
Of how much I love you and how much you mean to me 
I probably would, no matter how silly it’d be 

13 
Life has been great these thirteen years, the next I am sure 
Would be incredible, ‘cause we’re in for the long haul 
Together in this our journey to our final goal.


Happy 13th, my dear,



Bookmark and ShareFollow parentsjourney on Twitter 

0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Us (circa 2009)

Our journey led us to this place. A little more than 10 years ago we began our journey as husband and wife. Three years later, we found ourselves with two bundles of joy- a daughter and then a son. They're the children we've dreamed of having.

About five years since the birth of our son, an unexpected gift came- a younger brother to our school-age kids. And soon enough, a baby girl arrived to round the family membership.

Brave was a term used by a friend to describe us. Challenging... and loving it -- yeah, this journey is not for the faint of heart.